4/3 Life in the Parkie Lane

Tweezified                                                                   


"Come here." My wife ordered.  I knew what that meant.  Every Sunday morning, while grooming ourselves for church, I will hear those words. 

"Sigh. You did hear that I sighed didn't you?"

"Yes, you baby. Come here."

I enter the bathroom to see a huge set of tweezers in her hand.  She attacks my eyebrows and then goes in a search for old man hairs.  You know those that grow in strange places.  After all these years, I have hair follicles with calluses. I know this because when she goes into new territory, it hurts more.  No one knows what I go through!

On that note, I don't know what others go through. I don't know what it is like to live with COPD, I don't know what it is like to live with diabetes. I don't know what it is like to recover from spinal meningitis and never be the same. I don't know what it is like to loose limbs. I don't know what it is to have a face burned and scarred so badly that people stare. I don't know what it is like to have ALS. I don't know what it is like to be told I have a few months to live because of a cancer. I don't know what it is like to loose a spouse of 42 years, I don't know what it is like to have Alzheimer's - and so on. So, I don't get angry with those that don't understand my life and what I deal with - I don't understand theirs. God has allowed PD in my life, if for no other reason, than to have more compassion for others.

To go the direct route from Judea to Galilee, travelers had to go through Samaria.  Jesus had to go through Samaria for a reason. God directs our paths for us to go through things for a reason, as well.

"And he must needs go through Samaria.” John 4:4 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: