4/4 Life in the Parkie Lane

Spring Snow Storm                                                                                          

Before the snow arrived, the day was dreary, drizzly, and dismal. The winter's snow had melted and revealed dead grass and left-over dried leaves from fall. The leafless trees added further to the illusion of lifelessness. The previous runoff had created mud, which tracks into the house and builds up on my feet and impedes my progress. 

Then a spring snow came and cleaned up my part of the world. The world now looks all white, clean and refreshed this morning. Great big butterfly-sized flakes has flocked the leafless shrubbery, tree branches, fencing, and lawn ornaments. What a difference from yesterday!

I can't really think of anything whiter than freshly fallen snow.  He says that our sins are glaringly apparent, but can be cleaned white as snow.  I no longer see the muck and mire of sin in my life impeding my progress and making a mess wherever I go.  I don't see the lifelessness of no hope. Instead of dreariness, I see what God has done.  I think God sent this snow to remind me that when He forgives, He does a thorough job!

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: