5-2-14 Life in the Parkie Lane

What Could Be Worse?                                                                     

"What a day! I can walk! It's been so cool asking people if they recognize me, yet can't place me, then I get to tell them what happened! Then I met the bubble-poppers. Wow, they were something else," thought the formerly crippled man as he walked into the Temple.

Jesus met him and said, "Hey, look at you! Remember, when I told you to get up and walk and you believed you were healed and did so? In the same manner, go and sin no more, lest something worse happen to you."

He looked into Jesus' eyes and thought, "Just like I couldn't get up and walk without God's help, I can't go without sinning without God's help.  He healed me both physically and spiritually. What could be worse than being crippled, having to crawl around, unable to communicate well? Because of this, I have no problem putting God first."

If it wasn't for his physical malady this man would never have met Jesus.  What's worse that a life living with such a crippling condition? Living life without Jesus and spending eternity in hell. The most important thing was not the physical healing, but the spiritual healing.

My Parkinson's is a temporary condition. Jesus saving me lasts forever.

"Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." John 5:14. 


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: