5-29-14 Kinda Need Help Here

Kinda Need Help Here                                            


A mother and her two children were enjoying the drive-through lion enclosure at the Longliet Safari and Adventure Park in Wiltshire, UK in April of 2014 in their minivan. The several adult lions were leisurely lying in the grass nearby, watching the parade of vehicles filled with people of all sizes and ages. 

The family stopped to view the lions, when what looked to be steam began coming out from under the hood.  Soon the color changed darker and they new it was fire.  They were stranded in the lion's domain. Worse than that, the flames began engulfing the engine compartment, which would ultimately force them out of the vehicle as it spread. They had no way to call for help because the daughter had forgotten her cell phone. Should they stay and burn or get out and face the lions? They kinda needed help.

Other vehicles stopped, but no one offered to rescue them.  The people just watched or got out their cameras. Perhaps someone called for help because the rangers arrived on the scene and rescued the people from their terrible choice.

At times, I think about the predicament I was in before I trusted Christ as my Savior.  I faced the flames of hell when I died. Plus, I live in the lion's domain (Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 1Peter 5:8  ).  I cried out to God, "I kinda need help here!"

People were praying for me and God answered their prayers.  He sent help and I accepted it. I am saved from the fire. Still, I have to watch out for the lions.  So, I keep in contact with my Father when the lion (devil) gets too threatening.

"My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4. 


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608443/Mother-two-children-forced-flee-car-burst-flames-safari-park-middle-LION-ENCLOSURE.html

No comments: