6-18-14 Stuff is in the Bible

Did you know that "stuff" is in the Bible?  It is in the King James Version thirteen times. I had a discussion with a coworker once about it a few years ago.  He was astonished to find that "stuff" is in the Bible. 

I enjoy stuff.  I have lots of stuff.  Much of it is worthless to other people.  Sometimes I forget what stuff I have.  I have even lost stuff in amongst my other stuff. I wonder, if one has lots of stuff, is he/she considered stuffy?

The most important stuff in life are my convictions, not my preferences or opinions.  At times, I have had to stick by the stuff on my convictions.  A conviction is something one does not abandon. That stuff defines a person. It proves what kind of stuff they are made of - i.e. the right stuff.

In this verse, King David had some men go to battle, and some stay back and stick by the stuff.  It was important for them to protect the supplies necessary to keep themselves healthy and strong. It is just as necessary for me to stick by the stuff (my convictions based on the Bible) to remain spiritually healthy and strong. 

By God's grace, I will stick by the stuff that sin is still sin and God forgives sin when one repents and asks God to save them through death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I will stick by the stuff that the Bible is the final authority for my life.  I will stick by the stuff that it defines sin. It also teaches me how to live a fulfilling life.  I will stick by the stuff that Jesus is coming again soon.  I could go on…

I need God's help to do so. God help me to stick by the stuff!

”And David said unto his men, Gird ye on every man his sword. And they girded on every man his sword; and David also girded on his sword: and there went up after David about four hundred men; and two hundred abode by the stuff. " 1 Samuel 25:13 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: