6-22-14 All Together Now

I attended my 40th high school reunion recently.  Since I was one of the "invisible" people in high school, or tried to be anyway, I was a bit apprehensive about it.  I wondered how my old classmates would treat me.  However, after I met them, I discovered they really were pretty good people after all.

I didn't recognize most of my classmates.  Some told me I hadn't changed a bit - even though I wore a hat, sunglasses and sported a beard.  Maybe they were actually saying that I hadn't gotten any better looking through the years.  Or maybe they had done like I did and asked somebody they knew who somebody else was, then they could walk up to me and call me by name

Life had happened to all of the class.  Hardships, heartaches, the unfairness of life had dealt blows.  Successes and failures had occurred.  We were all on the same plane - just people that had graduated 40 years ago from the same high school.

As I drove home, God reminded me of how I will be reunited with loved ones and some classmates in heaven.  I realized, however, that some people would not be there. Just like anyone that had dropped out of high school and didn't graduate or had graduated a different year could not attend, anyone that has not trusted Christ will not be in heaven.  That can change, they can trust Christ.  We can see them again in heaven and will recognize them (my personal thoughts). Plus, we will see Jesus face to face. We will be altogether. 

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: