6-23-14 Short is Better

I went to a car show last week with Mark, a friend of mine.  He is taller than I am, so sometimes we discuss the advantages and disadvantages of our height difference.  Such as, tall people bang their heads on things that don't bother me at all.  However, tall people are difficult to see over in crowds. 

As we walked around looking at the cars on the sunny side of the street, the sun started getting a bit warm. Eventually, it became uncomfortable. Beads of moisture formed on my brow because I was sooo cool.  It was condensation not perspiration.

 I learned that I could enjoy the day in the shade provided by Mark.  This idea took effort and planning at times, but worked.  Life walking in the shade was much more pleasant that day, whether it was provided by tall people, buildings or trees. I simply had to decide to stay in the shade. 

The best place to live life is in the shadow of the Almighty.  His shadow reminds me that I am protected because of His mere presence.  I know He is there all the time and my life is much more pleasant.  I just have to decide to stay in His shadow.

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: