6-7-14 Pepsi vs Coke, Who Can Judge?

 "You drink Pepsi?" A friend asked me as if I were drinking something repulsive.

"Hey, don't judge me." I replied defensively.

"Coca Cola is better."

"You are judging me." I replied, hoping he would feel guilty and quit.  "Only morons, idiots, and people with no taste drink Coke."

"What? Are you serious?" He said, astonished at my attitude, as if I had the problem.

"You Coke drinkers think you are so superior. You walk around smugly holding your bottle so the whole world can read 'Coca Cola' on the side.  How arrogant!"

"'Sssshhhhhhh'" take that you!" I yelled as I sprayed him with Pepsi from head to toe. He had no choice but to retaliate. I was so angry he made me waste a Pepsi like that.

The point of this imaginary episode is how silly we sound when we cry, "You are judging" simply because someone has a different opinion. 

Criticism, an opinion different from my own, or comments that I disagree with does not mean someone is judging me (condemning).  Seriously, we can tell the difference.

Now, those that drink store brand cola, they have a problem - just joking, not judging.

"Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?" Luke 12:57. 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: