7-13-14 Lost Opportunities


"What an incredible example of an intellectually deprived humanoid." I fussed to myself as I walked away from an unpleasant encounter.  The "grrrrrrr" feeling stuck with me for quite some time afterward.

"You just lost an opportunity to tell him about Me," that still small voice inside me said. "And you may never get another one."

"You know, God, I sure wish I could recognize those events as opportunities rather than personal affronts." (Sometimes my Parkinson's increase these feelings, but God is greater).

I meet people everyday that I fail to see as opportunities.  Many people are lost and don't even know it.  They are "lost" opportunities. Positive encounters or negative affronts can all opportunities.  An interesting thing is that even my Parkinson's creates opportunities.

Basically, God is tugging on my heart to care about others while nudging me to speak up about Him.  There are many "lost" opportunities out there, I just pray I recognize them and don't become filed in my "lost opportunities" file.

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:14.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: