7-14-14 Where Did You Lose It?

"Where did you lose your cell phone?" The voice on the phone asked me as I reported the loss to the cell phone insurance company.

"If I knew that, then it wouldn't be lost."

"You have a point; ok let's get the other information…"

I had retraced my steps and still couldn't find it.  I even tried calling my number, but alas, it must have been lying somewhere abandoned and "vibrating" helplessly. I imagine it waited for someone to answer its pitiful cries for rescue until eventually it died of lack of energy.

I never did find that phone.

When I find myself spiritually "alone," I think back on things and I can usually figure out where I left God.  I hadn't really lost Him, I just walked off without Him. I can simply retrace my steps and rediscover Him.

As with the axe head in this passage, the worker knew where it was, but he needed help retrieving it.  When I can't find God, I can call on Him and He will respond.  Then I can return to Him, restore our relationship and then carry on in this life together again.

"But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed. And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim. Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it." II Kings 6:5-7

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: