7-18-14 I'm in Good Company

I'm in good company!  Jesus was misunderstood, too!

I have talked to people, and posted verses and devotionals on the internet, telling people that, out of love, Jesus died for their sins and that they need to trust in Him to avoid hell and to gain heaven. Plus, they can live a life with much fewer regrets. Somehow, sometimes this gets misconstrued as hate.

It helps me to know that Jesus was misunderstood, too, and that many that claimed to believe rejected Him and walked away calling Him names under their breath. Jesus risked offending the Jews in this passage with His message because He loved them. I am just someone that heard the Good News, and wants to tell others about it. Some will get offended, but what kind of Christian would I be if I didn't share the Gospel? I remember that someone years ago risked offending me to tell me I had to give up my sin and trust Jesus - and I am so glad they did!

Jesus explained that He was the bread of life come to earth for believers to consume. To eat the flesh, and drink the blood of Christ, is to believe that Christ is come in the flesh. It is proof that is truly and really human; that his flesh is given for the life of his people, and his blood is shed for their sins.

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" John 6:51-52. "From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." John 6:66. 


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: