7-20-14 I Ain't Goin' Ta Heaven Negged

"When the rapture happens, all the Christians will be gone in the twinkling of an eye, all that will be left is our stuff.  Wherever a Christian was, there will only be a pile of clothes, "I excitedly told a coworker.

"Well, I ain't goin' ta heaven negged," came the reply.

"Uh…uh…uh." Ever get that unexpected answer to something? I tried to explain, "The junk from this world can't go with us. Besides, we will get new clothes. We will be clothed in righteousness."

"I don't care. If I gotta go negged, I ain't goin," my coworker said as he walked off.

This event could happen any day, and I am looking forward to it.  What a day it will be to meet Jesus face to face! What a day to leave this sorrow-filled, sinful world behind! I am waiting to hear that trumpet sound! What a day to be clothed in righteousness and not have do deal with my sinful flesh anymore! 

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first" 1 Thessalonians 4:16.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff



No comments: