7-29-14 Has Anyone Ever Asked You?

As I was working my new job at a nursing home when I heard a voice with a speech impediment ask me, "Do you know Jesus as your Savior?"

Since I was unsure that I heard understood properly, I stood up and looked at this lady in a wheelchair. She obviously lived here. I asked her to repeat it. She asked, "Do you know Jesus as your Savior?"

"Yes, I do."

"Oh, wonderful!" That was the beginning of a special friendship while I worked there. 

Betty, with her slurred speech from cerebral palsy, was a fearless witness for Jesus.  She asked everybody she saw whether they knew Jesus as their Savior. She was able to talk to people that would not listen to anybody else.  Some would listen out of courtesy, some out of compassion. God used her cerebral palsy to open doors for her to talk about Jesus.

As I think back on it, I believe she was the only person that has ever asked me if I knew Jesus as my Savior. 

Has anyone ever asked you? Do you know Jesus as your Savior?

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: