A Mystery 7-30-14

How does sticking one's foot under the back bumper of an SUV make the tailgate open like on the TV commercial?  How does the car know it’s the owners foot? What if the owner bought new shoes? What if one had just driven on a dusty road or drove through mud and snow? What if a cat walked under the bumper. This is a mystery to me. (I know I could Google it, but that knowledge could take the fun out of a good mystery).

The Bible speaks of several mysteries, i.e. the mystery of the gospel, the mystery of the rapture and other mysteries.  Some things are difficult for me to understand.  I can accept them, but still don't understand them.

The mystery of God's will is mentioned in the verse below.  This is difficult for me to discern at times. God has used different ways through the years: the Word of God, wise counsel from Godly people, closing and opening doors (circumstances), answered prayer, affirmation through clarity of a fleece. 

God expects us to follow His will regardless of the naysayers. God has used Parkinson's in my life to make some serious changes.  He continues to use it to redirect. I don't know what God has in store for my future, it is a mystery. I just simply need to trust.  

"Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself" Ephesians 1:9.



© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: