7-3-14 Do Over

Wouldn't it be nice to live this life over again? I would like to do that - knowing what I know now. I could avoid doing some stupid things.  I could do some things correctly.  I could devote time to the truly important things.

I always hate redoing a project because something went wrong or I installed a part in the wrong order and had to take it apart again in order to put it together correctly. Eventually, I learn how to do the project so that the next time I know what tools and supplies I need and how to remove and replace the parts.  Then the job isn't so difficult and frustrating and I have a sense of a-job-well-done on completion.

Sometimes I come across something I did years before and am ashamed at the craftsmanship.  The same goes for life-lessons, but I do learn.  I find myself ashamed at things I did out of ignorance.  Other times, I thought I knew it all, only to find out I didn't later on. I have learned that the directions do help - unless they are upside down, written in a foreign language or in too small of print.

I have learned that the time comes for all of us that we become ashamed of our sin and are ready to turn to God. God didn't let me do life over, but He did let me start anew.

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death." Romans 6:21. 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: