8-16-14 My World

I have heard things like, “everybody’s doing it” or “everybody says” frequently.  I have even used the phrases at times. It may seem like everybody is involved or agrees with my opinion, but the reality is that it is only the majority of people in my world, not everybody in the world.

For the most part, I like my world.  God has blessed me with a wonderful wife, who is my best friend. My world is contains friends and family that agree with me and me with them. I am a Christian, so most of my friends are Christian. I feel comfortable in my world. When someone says that nobody agrees with me and everybody agrees with them, I realize that they don’t realize that they are speaking of people limited to their world.

I enjoy people watching.  I can often tell their world by the way they dress.  Avid bicyclists dress in their sport’s attire.  Football fans wear jerseys and t-shirts promoting their favorite team. Computer geeks have their own circle of friends. People with a particular hobby gather to help each other out.  Liberals hang out with liberals and conservatives with conservatives.  We all have our little worlds in which we live and often fail to realize that other people live in other worlds – and some seem to live in a place out of this world.  The variety of “worlds” is actually a fun concept.

Caesar Augustus would have liked to tax everybody on the globe, but the reality is that the world he was talking about was the Roman Empire. His world was limited, too.

God is impressing on me today to realize that not everybody lives in my world. God loves all of us, not matter our “world.” Christ died for all and all have the opportunity to know Jesus.

“And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.´ Luke 2:1. 


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: