8-17-14 Same Event

I find it interesting how I can react to an event in my life.  The very same event, for example Parkinson’s disease, can bring depression and bitterness or it can bring thankfulness.  Some look at Parkinson’s as a gift from God as a vehicle to help others and a catalyst to draw closer to God, while others look at it as a curse and the end of their lives.

Even death is not the end of the story.  For those who have trusted Christ, heaven awaits. For those who have not hell looms ahead. We lose loved ones through death, yet life continues. We will all meet Death one day, yet reality will only change.  This future event can be a praise or just the opposite depended on whether we are ready or not. 

By faith I can always give thanks for all things. Instead of placing blame or wallowing in self-pity, I can rejoice and trust in God. I think the difference is knowing that the very same event that Satan wants to use to destroy me, God uses for my good.  It’s getting my eyes off me and onto a greater purpose.  As dark and hopeless as an event may be, it is not the end of the story.  It is a new chapter. The story is still being written.

“Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” Ephesians 5:20.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: