8-22-14 You Don't Realize Who I Am

I was always small for my age during my growing up years.  By the time I reached high school, some of the students had grown into their bodies early.  Large adult-sized teenagers displayed their immaturity frequently in a predatory manner toward guys of smaller stature – of which I was one.

I couldn’t always avoid contact with these hyenas of the campus. When confronted and threatened, I would often reply, “I can see that you don’t realize who I am. So, I will cut you some slack this time, but be careful in the future.” Many times the bully or bullies would look down at my 100 pound frame, laugh and leave me alone.

Jesus had just told the Pharisees, who were challenging Him in order to have Him arrested, that they would die in their sins - pretty offensive statement to these religious leaders. They responded by asking Him essentially, “Who do you think you are?”

Jesus responded with, “You already know that,” which He intended as a thought provoking statement.  He wanted them to conclude on their own who He was, just as He requires of people today. 

I had heard all about Jesus as I grew up, but never truly realized who He was.  After hearing and understanding who He really is and what He did for me I trusted Him as Savior.

“Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.” John 8:25.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: