8-25-14 Someday You'll Understand

“Someday you’ll understand.”  That statement frustrated me as a youngster. In my teen years, I had arrived and knew it all (I didn’t tell everybody this, because I didn’t want to show off). I felt I wasn’t stupid. I didn’t understand why they thought I wouldn’t understand.

Now that I am an adult and my kids are grown, I understand what my parents were trying to tell me regarding many things.  One cannot understand the love a parent has for a child until he/she is there.  One cannot understand the heartaches or proud moments associated with them either.

Jesus told the Pharisees that one day they would understand that He was God in the flesh talking to them.  That realization will suddenly rip through their consciousness and stop them solidly. It would take the crucifixion for that to happen.

Just as I have found that it takes a major event to realize that Mom and Dad were right.  God uses big experiences to help me realize that He is right.  I sometimes wonder what it will take for my loved ones to understand and trust Him with their lives.

“Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.” John 8:28-29.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: