8-29-14 Just Believe Your Navigator

“I know that it doesn’t look right, but it is.” Said my “nagivator” regarding an intersection in Sioux Falls. 

“Are you sure?”  I questioned her because it looked like the ramp to I-29 looked like it would go to the motel and the ramp to the motel looked like it would go to I-29.

“Just believe your navigator.” 

Despite my gut feeling, I trusted her and it worked! I suppose believing the signs would have been a good idea, as well. 

Sometimes I want to trust my “gut” or my “instincts” and they are wrong.  I have to trust God despite my intuition.  I demonstrated my trust in my navigator by following her instructions. In like manner, Jesus is telling those that said they believed in Him how this belief would be manifested. Following His directions would prove they believed.

My belief or disbelief in God is demonstrated by my actions.  Many times I falter and rely on my own perceptions rather than God’s direction.  Then it’s time to confess my wrong, apologize and ask God for forgiveness – and listen next time!

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed” John 8:31.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: