9-18-14 Why Can't I Sleep?


“I can’t sleep! I know what I’ll do, I’ll read the book of records.  All that legalese will put me to sleep, for sure.” Ahasurus clapped his hands to summons a servant.

In his haste the servant arrives with sleep still tugging on his eyelids and hair mussed up, “Yes, sire?  How may I serve you?”

“Sleep has eluded me, bring me the Kingdom Chronicles.”

As the king paged through the local events, the servant stayed nearby, making himself presentable for further service.

However, instead of inspiring sleep, he discovere4d a disservice to a worthy citizen. Mordecai had reported a plot to assassinate the king. 

God had a purpose for the king’s insomnia.  At 3:00am when I can’t sleep, I often wonder why.  Then God gives me some great stuff for my devotionals and stories at 3:00am. He had a purpose for my insomnia, as well

“On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king. And it was found written, that Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king's chamberlains, the keepers of the door, who sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus. And the king said, What honour and dignity hath been done to Mordecai for this? Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, There is nothing done for him.” Esther 6:10-3

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff



No comments: