11-13-14 Head Banging No More


“Do you have a theme song?” a book on stage presence asked me.  I was learning ventriloquism and the author of this book said a performer should have a theme song.  I couldn’t think of anything that went with ventriloquism/magic/balloon sculpture for kids or adults.  The author said that it helps a person get into a mindset for being in front of people. 

I don’t know if I ever had a theme song, but I had favorite songs, most of which are called head-banger music today – hard rock stuff.  They sang about a lot of stupid stuff.  After salvation my ideals changed and the subject matter of music changed.  I would rather listen to Godly music without drums entirely.  I no longer have the urge to “bang my head” to the music.

I think about the idea of a theme song every now and then, but can’t seem to come up with something that works – except maybe “They’re Coming to Take Me Away Ha Ha.” I do know that I have a new type of music in my heart and mouth – even if I can’t really sing.

 “And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.” Psalm 40:3. 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: