11-19-14 Randomly Selective Amenesia


 “I already told you about this.” My wife said with an exasperated tone.

“No you didn’t, its news to me.”

“Sigh.”

“It must be my selective amnesia kicking in again.” 

“You don’t have selective amnesia, you just don’t listen in the first place.  That way you don’t have anything to forget.”

I have Randomly Selective Amnesia or RSA.  I do. Really.  For some reason, I remember only some things.  Perhaps I was raised this way.  My mother used to say things of this nature:  “I told you not to put your finger in the mouse trap” (I do not remember any particular incidents for some reason, so I made this one up). My RSA seems to have kicked in again.

My RSA affects me spiritually, too. I only remembers some things that God tells me.  I believe that this is why God wants me to listen to teaching and preaching at church, as well as personal Bible study.  I forget things and need to be constantly reminded.

“Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?” II Thessalonians 2:5.


© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: