11-20-14 Who Knows?


“Does your Sonoma die shortly after you start it, but only on hot days?” A guy in our apartment complex asked me from under the hood of his Chevy S-10.

“Yup, and it drives me crazy. If I can time it right and give it enough gas at just the right time, I can keep in going.  If it dies, though, it’s hard to restart.”

After discussing the various possibilities, I went home researched it on the internet.  I found it was a common occurrence, yet there was a plethora of theories. Some said it was an ignition problem, others said the water pump, some said it was a fuel pump, fuel filter, or bad gas.  Some said it was pollution control stuff, like an EGR valve. Some said it was low tire pressure and other absurd things.  I suppose the true answer is in there somewhere, but who knows which one it is?

Searching for a church is much the same way.  There are many churches all claiming to teach and preach the truth.  How would one know which is true? The devil has many counterfeits. The KJV Bible has to be the standard for truth.  Thus some study, discernment and prayer is required.  I praise God that He led me away from counterfeit Christianity to a few wonderful Baptist churches through the years that teach the Bible soundly.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” II Timothy 3:16.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: