11-22-14 Ben Putinitoff


“We don’t have any cars available.” The car rental clerk informed me.

“But I just called my travel club and they said you had one.” I countered.

“Nope…sorry.”  She wasn’t sorry, not with her attitude.

I called the travel club from a nearby payphone. They had me stay on the line while they called her.  I watched as she answered the phone and talked a minute or two.  The voice on the phone told me to talk to her now. I did and she was very unhappy.

“May I have see your driver’s license?” The car rental lady asked tersely. I handed it to her and smiled.

“This is expired.” She happily announced. “I cannot rent you a car with an expired license.”

My inner procrastinator, Ben Puttinitoff, had kept telling me that there was no hurry, until I eventually forgot about renewing it.  Back to the bus terminal to beg, grovel and wait for another bus. Putting this off created a big hassle. 

Expiration dates annoy me.  Everything seems to have one. Even people.  I can’t see where mine is printed on me – which really gets under my skin. Hey, maybe that’s where it is! One day, years ago, I trusted Him as Savior.  When I expire, there will be no hassles.  I took care of that one.  Some things just shouldn’t be put off. 

“For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” II Corinthians 6:2.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: