11-24-14 Its What He is Supposed To Do!



I used to deliver linen, uniforms, etc to businesses.  Every morning I would load the day’s deliveries. In this process, I would check to make sure everything that was supposed to be there was, indeed, there. If it wasn’t I would find a person that could help me find the missing items.  When the person came up with them I would thank them.

Another driver got angry with me one morning and asked why I thanked them. “That is what they are supposed to do.”  When he was short something, he would throw clean linen and uniforms on the floor, curse, swear and berate the people.  Instead of thanking them for solving a problem, he threw a tantrum and wondered why they didn’t want to help him.

I wonder how often I fail to thank God because He is simply doing what He is “supposed to do.”  I get upset and throw tantrums when I don’t get what I think I should when I think I should.  I imagine approaching a boss with that attitude and not getting very far.  Whenever I approached the boss it was with respect, the right tone of voice and a pleasant attitude.  I should be able to do that with God, I should think.

Thanksgiving is a holiday that reminds me of approaching God with a thankful heart.  Have a great Thanksgiving!

“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.” Psalm 100:4.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: