12-5-14 Time Machine


I can only be in one place at a time, much to the relief of people that find me annoying. I find myself annoying at times, but I can’t get away from me, unless I’m sleeping.

The Bible teaches that God is everywhere (omnipresent). This means that no matter where I go in this universe, God is there and fully conscious of me and my arrival.  This verse today speaks of being everywhere all the time. He is in the past, present and future all at the same time and fully conscious of everything going on. (Remember He invented time, so is not subject to it.)

Thus, even if time travel where possible, I couldn’t get away from God. No matter what time and location I traveled to, such as before Abraham, guess who would be there? I picture this as kind of an adventure like Calvin and Hobbs. I am trying to escape God’s presence, but as soon as I get out of my time machine, God greets me.  I hop back into the time machine and go into the future, God meets me with a “boo.” No matter what time, I choose God is there waiting for me. Wherever I could possibly go, God is already there.

This is either a comfort or a discomfort depending upon whether I want to consider that God is always with me.

“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: