12-6-14 How Did This Work?


In this passage, the Jews understood that Jesus was claiming a characteristic of deity.  Since they did not believe Him, they picked up stones to kill Him for blasphemy.

I would like to have seen what happened next. Jesus was surrounded yet walked out through the midst of them. How did this work? Did the Jews forget who they were after and just look at each other with rocks in their hands? Did Jesus freeze them in place and simply walk away? Did He put them in super slow motion and He in fast forward? Did He turn invisible to them?

When I get to heaven, I want to see this event. I don’t think it will be a replay.  I like to think that God can take me “back” in time to the original event, since He is not limited by time. Meanwhile, I guess I will just have to wait and wonder. 

“Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.” John 8:59. 

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: