12-4-14 Mr Milquetoast


On a Facebook page one day I responded to a post about entertainers swearing.  I said that I felt that cursing and dirty jokes were unnecessary for performers to be funny. In the course of the conversation that followed, I was told to “do the Christian thing and walk away.” I replied that the Christian thing was really to preach the Word and quoted II Timothy 4:2.

Isn’t it interesting that the majority of people today view Christians as spineless and Jesus as Mr. Milquetoast and expect them to walk away instead of standing for what is right. This verse today shows that Jesus spoke the truth in love – even if it was harsh.

The truth offends.  Now, the question is whether I have enough courage to be like Jesus and speak the truth.  Do I love someone enough to tell them about Jesus? Am I being Christlike? Am I doing the Christian thing? Or am I a Mr. Milquetoast?

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” John 8:44.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: