1-17-15 Mentor/Mentee


I watched a video recently by a well-known ventriloquist (who inspired me) that told of his mentor. Anyway, he had met a man that custom made his first ventriloquist figure just for him. This dummy was also the last that this craftsman made.  They formed a friendship that lasted until the craftsman passed away.  This craftsman and the ventriloquist had a special relationship.

How exciting to have a mentor!  But recently I learned the excitement of being a mentor.  How exciting it was to build a puppet for a teenager in my church who wanted to learn ventriloquism!  He is excited and is practicing daily to become a Gospel ventriloquist, too.  And I pray he becomes a much better Gospel ventriloquist than I have ever been.   

I hope that this teenager and I could have that special bond of mentor and mentee. Jesus mentored the disciples and formed a special relationship with them.  Paul mentored all those he met on his missionary journeys. In like manner, I am to be a mentor.  The scary thought is that I inadvertently mentor people, sometimes in a negative manner.  My prayer for today is that I be God’s mentor for others.

“Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.” Philippians 4:9.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: