1-27-15 Giants in the Land

I have been sick and am taking advantage of a temporary moment of lucidity to write and post this devotional:


When we moved to New Mexico, I noticed stores that we hadn’t seen before.  It seems that we don’t have to go far before we see Giant Convenience stores.

One night while on visitation with my assistant pastor, we stopped at a Giant store.  “Things are different here,” I mentioned to him as we walked up to the door of a Giant Convenience store.

“How so?” he asked me.

“Well, I noticed that in New Mexico, there are Giants in the land.” I explained.

“Really?” He looked confused. “Like large people?”

“No, think about where we are.” He looked more confused. “We are in a Giant store and there are Giant stores all over.  Giants in the land.”

I thought it was funny, but I think he thought I was strange.

The reality there are giants in the land in every location I have ever lived.  The giants have been obstacles to overcome.  Some are challenges of life, some have been sins, some are health issues, but the point is that with God they can be overcome. They look big, ugly and insurmountable, but God is bigger and He has always helped me deal with them.

“And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.” Numbers 13:33.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

No comments: