1-28-15 Burn Victims


“Yes, please bring the medical records on ________ to the ER ASAP.” I pulled the requested records and headed up to the Emergency Room, a common occurrence for a medical records clerk.

I walked up the hall and rounded the corner to mayhem.  Nurses, aides, doctors, and other health personnel were hurriedly attending to several people.  As I walked by the overflow area – gurneys separated by plastic curtains – I glanced in at the people.  I noticed a mother with her bright red arms swollen to twice their size, like overcooked brats, yearning to embrace a screaming toddler in the same condition. Touch only made the pain worse. They had been burned badly in a boat that had caught fire.

I see the misery in the mother’s face as she couldn’t comfort her child without making her pain and the child’s pain worse whenever I think of hell.  Comfort is not available, no matter how much one may wish it.  The Bible warns us of hell. Jesus spoke of it many times.  The reason is to warn mankind of hell and also to reveal the way to avoid it. Jesus. The good news is that no one has to be eternal burn victims.

“And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.” Luke 16:23.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: