7-27-15 God Should Treat Me Better


“Man, here he comes. He’s gonna want to know why I am not there.  I’m just mad enough to give him a piece of my mind! God knows I have been rehearsing it enough.”

“What’s the problem, Son?”

“What’s the problem? What’s the problem? Good night! I have never caused you any grieve and was always obedient, but did you throw a party for me? Even a little one with just a scrawny goat? Nope! Not once! But as soon as that worthless brother of mine comes home you give him the best robe and kill the fatted calf – the one for super special occasions! What’s the problem, he says!” The older son yells as he glares into his father’s eyes. He felt his father should treat him better.

It seems amazing that sometimes I can get upset with the way God does things. He loves me and wants the best for me. He loves other people and wants the best for them. How He deals with them is His business. He knows exactly how to accomplish His will in their lives. When someone repents, I should rejoice with the angels in heaven, not throw a pity party because I feel God should treat me better.

“And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.” Luke 15:29-30.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/god-should-treat-me-better/

No comments: