7-31-15 It's Only Right



“Listen here, Junior Senior. It’s only right that we celebrate Junior’s return. For all we knew he was dead. He was missing, and now he’s back!” father said with astonishment lacing his words together.

I am upset that Cecil, a rare and beautiful lion was baited and killed for his hide, but it seems to me the uproar is inappropriate. Shouldn’t there be more of a brouhaha when an unborn baby is killed? It’s wrong to leave a pet unattended in a hot car, but shouldn’t there be more in the news about abused children? How does someone that decides to dress like a woman become a hero and someone who risks his/her life to save a life not even get mentioned? Why do people get upset over a sinner that got saved when there is rejoicing in heaven? I could go on...

Life is full of inappropriate behavior. Sometimes I react inappropriately to things in my life. Sometimes I get jealous instead of rejoicing with someone else. At times like these, I need the words of God to readjust my attitude.

“It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.” Luke 15:32.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/its-only-right/

No comments: