8-25-15 People Make Me Tired





I worked in an independent auto body repair shop years ago. I remember the boss dealing with a very difficult customer that claimed the manager had promised to have a new windshield installed at no extra charge. The customer was loud and demanding, spewing out threats and foul language. After their discussion, the customer left and the boss looked at us workers and said, “People make me tired,” as he returned to his office.

Today’s verse describes much of today’s Christianity. Instead of consulting the Word of God, many have made up their own doctrines based on their feelings, emotions, dreams, voices, and such like. Yet, they consider themselves Christian. For example: that love means acceptance and approval of sin, but Biblical love is that Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sin. That is love.

God says that He is wearied with our blah-blah. He is tired of me acting like all is well when I twist Christianity to fit my own ideas. The question for today is: am I making God weary? Is he tired of my version of Christianity?

“Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment? Malachi 2:17.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


No comments: