8-28-15 Promises, Promises


Through the process of buying our house we must have gone through a couple hundred pages of paper. We had to initial here and sign there and then do it again on papers that said essentially the same thing. We even had to sign a paper verifying that we actually were who we said we were. I thought there would be a place for my Mom and Dad to witness that fact, but to my surprise, there wasn’t. I wonder what it would be like if the Paper Reduction Act hadn’t been instituted. A handshake isn’t enough these days. A person’s word isn’t good enough. Signing a paper isn’t enough, either. We have gotten to the point of all kinds of legalities because people break promises.

God had just spent time telling the Jews what would happen to those working against him. Yet, despite the Jews’ (Jacob) attitude toward Him, He said He wouldn’t destroy them. He had made a promise that He would keep regardless that they deserved it.

I am so grateful that God is a God that keeps His promises. He doesn’t change. Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” That means that when I trusted Christ as my Savior, God keeps me saved. I still sin and the wages of sin is death. But Jesus paid for that sin on the cross. I trusted in that and He keeps me saved as He promised. Praise God for His promises!

“For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” Malachi 3:6.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/promises-promises/

No comments: