8-5-15 I Don't See It



I grabbed a new roll of masking tape and tried to find the beginning of the roll. After flipping it over and scrapping my finger nails on it while rolling it over and over, I found it.  I started peeling the tape off, but it tore and made kind of ribbons. It had a nick along the edge that caused the problem. I sighed aloud. 

My wife said, “My you sure have it tough.”

“I do. I really do,” I said and set out to explain my current frustration.

“Oh my, you really do have it tough, don’t you,” she replied. I didn’t sense any true sympathy in her words. So, I changed the subject as a diversion ploy. She was right. It really wasn’t a big deal, but I failed to see any blessing in it at the time.

Taken to a spiritual level, it comes out as: “God loves me? Jesus loves me? How so? I haven’t seen anything. I have this awful disease and you tell me God loves me?” I have run across this sentiment many times. I understand the person is upset and even bitter, he/she just doesn’t see the love of God.

Israel had the same mindset. The said, “Wherein hast thou loved us?” They didn’t see the love of God either.
God proved His love toward all mankind by having His Son die on the cross to pay for our sins. Jesus showed it by willingly dying on the cross. It has already been proven. 

I know I can get so self-absorbed that I fail to see the goodness of God. I see only the difficulty, frustration or sickness.

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8.

“I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us?” Malachi 1:2a.
© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff

 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/i-dont-see-it/

No comments: