8-6-15 You'll See


We have a small laundry room in our house. We have lived here a couple months now and I have been frustrated with an inoperable light in said laundry room. I have been flicking a switch that does nothing since we moved in and fussing about it. I can’t read the labels on the breaker box. I have to feel my way to the water turn off for the swamp coolers.  I try to remember my flashlight whenever I have to do something in there.  Grump, fuss, grumble.

Guess what I figured out yesterday. I discovered another switch on the left side of the washer/dryer. I flicked it and the light came on! I could see! All this time the light did work, I just didn’t see the switch. I was so frustrated by the dead switch that I didn’t look for any other switch. I assumed the light didn’t work. Well, duh.

It’s interesting how I can do the very same thing with God. He is always there. His power is available. I just don’t see it. I pay more attention to what is a perceived problem than looking to God. Duh.

My paraphrase of today’s passage. “Let’s review. I have loved Jacob (Israel) and hated Esau (Edom). I have chosen you and blessed you, while I have not done so with Edom. Since you haven’t noticed, watch and you’ll see Me demonstrate my love again. Then you’ll make a big thing out of My love.”

“Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness. Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever. And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The LORD will be magnified from the border of Israel.” Malachi 1:2b-5.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff


https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/youll-see/

No comments: