9-18-15 Distorted Discernment












I discovered something that could ruin my life. Yes indeed. We attended a wedding reception and discovered something horrible. They served pearls as food in little paper cups! I, being the wisened old guy that I am, decided that they certainly wouldn’t serve pearls. So, I cautiously tasted one. Once I bit it, I realized it was, in fact, a chocolate pearl. Whew! However, from now on I won’t know whether a pearl necklace is actually a snack in disguise. At this point, I still don’t know how to discern a real pearl from a candy one. Thus, this has a great potential of future embarrassing situations.

Malachi pointed out many things in the Jews’ lives. They felt they were ok with God, but they weren’t. Their discernment had become distorted. Many Christians feel that way today. They cannot discern between right and wrong, the righteous and the wicked, and those that serve God and those that don’t. They just didn’t see it.
Distorted discernment doesn’t happen quickly. Satan knows how to get me drifting away from God until I can’t tell the difference between Godliness and ungodliness. That seems incredible to me, until I realize that without the Word of God, I will drift. My discernment will become distorted and twisted. I have to return to God for my discernment to work correctly.

“Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.” Malachi 3:18.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/distorted-discernment/

No comments: