10-30-15 How Do You Spell Relief?


I remember an old Alka-Seltzer television commercial that featured a guy wishing he had never eaten a certain food. The man sat on the edge of the bed saying, “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.”

His wife commented from the other side of the bed, “You did, Ralph.”
There have been times that I have been absolutely miserable in life because of sin. It’s these times that a purging of the sin from my life has to take place to be spiritually healthy again. It isn’t always pretty and can be very unpleasant, but the results are for the best.

The giant guppy had been suffering with indigestion for three days and three nights. I had always figured that it delivered Jonah somewhere along an ocean shore. But actually it had traveled up river until God told it to beach itself by Nineveh and regurgitate its stomach contents. It did so and returned to the ocean. How did it spell relief? B-A-R-F!

I remember another old commercial. It said, “How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S.” For the Christian it is spelled, “R-E-P-E-N-T.” Nothing brings relief like forgiveness!

 “And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.” Jonah 2:10.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/10/30/how-do-you-spell-relief/

No comments: