Tabbied


When I was a kid I was riding my bike past an old decrepit mobile home. The unpainted, quickly-thrown-together “attached” garage threatened to fall down at any time. I stopped because I thought I heard a strange sound. Yup, I heard faint tiny crying. I looked around the dilapidated garage and found the source. A very young grey tabby kitten had gotten caught in the woodwork. He had fallen into a “V” shape created by a 2x4 and some plywood. I lifted him straight up and out. He purred and cuddled into my jacket covered arm. I had a new pet!

Tabby had no hope of without a savior. He could not rescue himself. He became one of the best cats I have ever known. It seemed he remembered and appreciated his salvation the rest of his life.

Jonah came to the place where he cried out to God for help. He could not rescue himself. There was no hope without a Savior. God saved him and he expressed his appreciation. He expressed how he knew God heard his prayer. He observed how those that ignore God miss out on God’s mercy, which he had done. He displayed his change of heart by giving thanks and honoring his previous vows. Finally, he reminded himself that salvation only comes from God.

How interesting it is that God has to use events and circumstances to get us to cry out to Him for salvation. After I got saved, I still have times I cry out to God for rescue. I need him to save me from events and circumstances that I can’t get out of on my own. Now, if I can just keep the thankful loving attitude Tabby had for the rest of my life.

“When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.” Jonah 2:7-9.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoffhttps://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/tabbied-2/

No comments: