12-19-15 So, I Can’t Have Any Fun?


Human nature is a problem for me. It has this attitude that I must be bad to have fun. Its argument is that a person shouldn’t have to be good 24-7. I wouldn’t be able to have any fun. That’s the problem.

After being saved, I have found that I can have a lot of fun being a Christian without consequences. I discovered that humor doesn’t have to be dirty or profane to be funny. Alcohol, and the like, does not have to be the main ingredient at a gathering of people.

Everything begins at the idea stage, whether good or bad. Acting upon wrong thoughts brings sin and the wages of sin is death (eternal separation from God). After trusting Christ as my Savior, wrong thoughts bring conviction and takes the fun out of sin. At the same time, right thoughts bring right actions and true fun.

Let’s flip this verse over and paraphrase it, “Then when you think right thoughts, it brings forth good actions, and those actions, when they are finished, bringeth forth blessings and joy.”

I have had more fun being a Christian that I ever did as a lost sinner.

“Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.” James 1:15.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/12/19/so-i-cant-have-any-fun/

No comments: