12-23-15 No Dark Side


I like my bedroom to be dark for sleeping. Really dark. The only problem with this is having to use the facilities in the night. Darkness hides things. One night I had forgotten my cell phone (light), gotten up and embarked on just such a trek only to find that the blanket chest at the foot of the bed had deliberately moved with the sole purpose of damaging my shins in the night. After I picked myself up off the floor, I didn’t know which way to go. I was totally disoriented. I discovered the dresser on the wrong side of the room. Perhaps it was due to the entire room spinning on its axis. East became south, west became north. I wondered if I would have to stay shivering on the floor and wait until daylight. However, waking up a bit helped tremendously.

I was able to reorient myself prior to the return trip to the bed. All went well, except the blanket chest got my other shin. I was wide awake now with sore shins and goose bumps. The blankets had cooled off, too! I laid there awake thinking, “I’m not sleeping,” when suddenly light woke me up.

I am learning that life is that way. When I choose to bonk around in the dark without Jesus, my light, I have a rough time. I would not want to live life on the Dark Side. I much prefer the light.

Unlike Star Wars, we all start out on the Dark Side. We are all sinners and need the Light. I am so glad that I turned to the Light Side. With God there is no dark side only Light.

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” James 1:17.

© copyright Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/no-dark-side/

No comments: