1-14-16 Glad to be a Nobody


I am glad to be a nobody. I can’t imagine dealing with relatives and friends I never knew I had just because I have money. Right now, I don’t have to worry about losing all my riches. One can’t lose something he/she doesn’t have. There are conmen starving because of people like me.

I wouldn’t like the pressure of trying to keep a perfect body in perfect shape. Being average suits me fine.

The idea of dealing with being recognized wherever I went would get old quickly. I could wear a disguise, I suppose. That sounds like a lot of work just to go to Walmart, though.

Sure it’s nice to be treated special once in a while, but the anonymity of being a nobody has its perks, too. I would rather be nobody than somebody (I have to keep my ego out of this situation – he messes up this whole concept).

When I got saved, it didn’t make the news. It didn’t make me somebody special in the world’s eyes. God loves saving nobodies and using them for His glory. I am glad to be a saved nobody.

“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:” I Corinthians 1:27-28.
“Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?” James 2:5.

© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
 https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/…/14/glad-to-be-a-nobody

No comments: