3-18-16 Sticky Feet




When our kids were toddlers, they would get sticky feet (feet seemingly stuck to the ground rendering them unable to move). Sometimes they would wrap themselves around my leg because they were afraid of something. It could be anything from a yappy dog to a friendly kitten. Other times I would enter into a conversation with someone. They would be fine unless spoken to, then they would hide behind my leg and try to be invisible.

Sometimes the devil tries to speak to me. Instead of listening it would behoove me to resist him. My reaction should be to cling to God for protection. My feet should not be inclined to go to Satan. In this instance, sticky feet are a good thing.
How do I recognize Satan? I don’t always – not at first anyway. But I can recognize something that makes me uncomfortable. I know strangeness when I see it. Thus, strangeness and outright weirdness, which make me uncomfortable should bring me to God.

When I am close to God, the Devil will flee from me. He won’t challenge God.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7.

 © copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoffhttps://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/03/18/sticky-feet/

No comments: