4-20-16 My Grudge


I adopted a grudge once. It seemed harmless, like adopting a pet. It was so cute and cuddly to start with – about the size of a small irk. It was easy to care for and didn’t require much attention. I fed it whenever it wanted, I even gave it treats now and then. I carried it with me wherever I went, to the store, to the park, even to church. It grew and became quite a handsome grudge.

After a while, it demanded more of my time and attention. It used to fit on my lap, but now just stomped all over me. It became more of a job to carry it around. In fact, it became a burden. Its demands took over my thought life. I tried coddling it more. I spent more and more time grooming it. But instead of becoming a more pleasant companion, it turned into a monster.

I was not happy. My whole life revolved around my grudge. My attitude changed. People noticed I was grumpy. I finally realized I had to get rid of my grudge. I took it to church with me one last time. I sought God’s forgiveness and let the grudge go.

I don’t know what happened to my grudge. It just disappeared. If you see it, don’t go near it. Whatever you do, don’t hold it. Just let the grudge go before it takes over your life.

“Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.” James 5:9.


© copyright 2016 Kevin T Boekhoff
https://tugsandnudges.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/my-grudge

No comments: