8/3 For Ladies Only

Job's Wife - Guarding Your Testimony, Part 3 of 3

7. Always remember that God will replenish what you lose in times of trial. My heart goes out to Job’s wife as I read the story. I know how much I love my husband, and the thought of him going through so much would weigh very heavily on my heart. I love that even though she said the wrong thing at the wrong time, God still replenished what He took from them.

I can’t tell you how many times in marriage I know that the blessings we receive are definitely because of my husband, and not because of me. I can have the wrong attitude at times and be so undeserving, but God blesses the faithfulness of the man of God, and I reap the blessings.

Job’s wife was the same. God knew Job was strong enough to pull through all the trials that the Devil sent his way, and He always gives us back more than what He takes. Job’s wife reaped the blessings of her godly husband and reaped double what they lost. You can’t help but think of Ephesians 3:20, “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,” God gave them more than they could possibly think, and He will bless you again if you don’t give up.

8. Don’t lose what you have because of lost possessions. Material things are temporal. Job’s wife almost lost her testimony all over the loss of possessions. You must be careful not to let possessions be your focus in life. Your husband and family are more important than possessions.

You only have one testimony. Let me remind you that just like one moment of uncontrolled emotion destroyed the testimony of Job’s wife, likewise one uncontrolled moment in your life can destroy your testimony. Be careful to guard your testimony, especially during times of trial.

No comments: